Friday, March 23, 2012

Dying

He struggles there upon the cool, damp earth
A newborn child of a rustic hearth
Squirming around as to protest his birth
He hisses a sound like a wounded bird

Brighter red than sun-baked skin
Shining bright...he dims...then glows again
Will some sage write his story with poetic pen
This heretic cast from the flock for some grave sin?

Alas he is unnoticed among the timber
Upon the forest floor this outcast member
His birth, his life, his death no one will remember
He simply fades away in the cool of night...a dying ember.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long, son. I will try to do better. Thanks for your encouragement.

      Delete
  2. Really good Allen. Love the great poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirk. I appreciate your comment and your encouragement to start blogging again. I have much to write about I just need to stay motivated. Thanks also for the email you sent yesterday.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed the poem Allen... Thanks. I too have recently started to write again on my blog. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete